17.8.05

Where my heart is...

Where my heart is there will my treasure be also.

Sometimes the covetousness I am so inclined towards makes me stop and shake my head.
My sister blew into town today to visit our parent.
I did not want to hang around but for the sake of propriety I did.

In she came, talking a thousand words a minute, about herself.
I looked over and saw her wearing the necklace she had traded me for a few years ago.
I wanted to slap her.

I inherited an opal and diamond ring from our Mother that was so big we called it "The Moon."
It was one of the more valuable single items in her collection.
My sister inherited a turquoise and diamond ring that my mom had bought from an estate collection. Pretty but not in the same ball park. My sister wanted the opal so I offered to make a trade for the turquoise which is my birthstone PLUS a peacock pendant on a gold chain which she claimed to hate. Right up until the moment I wanted it in trade.

We met with our parent in a restaurant halfway between both our cities and she *forgot* the necklace. Needless to say she never did give it to me. She reneged the second she got home with the MOON in her possession. I was very miffed. How greedy can a person be. She has all the heirloom whoppers and she isnt even the eldest. She has my Mom's 30k wedding set which she cavalierly wears on her middle finger outshining her own wedding set (which my mom bought for her) but it is never enough. She looks like my mom but the resemblance ends there. Mom was fond of shiny things but she didnt take from others.

Hmm... maybe I just never knew about it.

I hate myself for being so annoyed.
I want my peacock!
I want my sister to behave for once in a way that honours her word.
Her word is worthless.

bah