25.8.05

Company for Lunch

The lovely Lady I go so often to gets lunch visits.
This visit is to help prep and serve a lunch to her. She eats her main meal at noon.
The Worker is then to prep a small dinner.

I was there when she was being reassessed. The Intake Nurse was told by the family member present: "Mom is a gourmet cook."
---and she sure is!

Yesterday my Client had the urge to entertain and had invited some friends for Luncheon. A late luncheon. She had small white potatoes scrubbed and ready to go. She had white pickled onions which she was draining. She fried a cup of sugar until it caramelised and then added the onions and browned them slowly. She had cooked some red cabbage shredded... in a sauce of vinegar and a secret ingredient. She had tender baby asparagus and fresh green beans. She had a beautiful pork roast a huge cut all criss cross cut and marinated.

There was a cake sitting on the sideboard. The table was set.
I was not really hugely helpful but I did move some furniture around that the company didnt need to see in the living room. We were chatting away and I saw on her careplan the following sentence:
"Likes to help in the kitchen."

I read it out loud to her and we both laughed for about 5 minutes.
hee hee
A bit of distance between gourmet cookery and scullery maidery.
--