16.8.05

A tiny side-effect (zzzz)

It is a wonderful thing to sleep.
A wonderful restful blissed and blessed feeling.
Now to wake up!!

Today found me dragging my butt around town.
MOST UNLIKE ME! I sat down in one of my client's homes and almost fell asleep.
It did not help that my newest client turned out to be a cancellation.
Another one of those out of town kids arriving to fix mom and dad.
"Mother is very independant and does not need help. She is just a little slow, that's all."
When Mom falls and breaks her hip/arm/shoulder/leg I will see them again.

It is very hard to acknowledge change. For me too!
I was always the strongest one. Always the one who could do anything.
Always the cleanup person. And now: I just physically cannot do certain things.
At least not repeatedly. It is difficult for me to not do these things anyway.

So I did not help this lady as her son believes she is fine without help.
And instead I sat in my car watching the waves roll in on the company dime.
What a waste those late cancels are!

Tomorrow also is a lite day as another client has gone to hospital. I wish her Godspeed and pray for surgical success. She is really one of my favourites altho she likes being washed vigourously just a little too much for my comfort. What the hell tho. She is a great olde bird.
Hope she is home again soon.

So this tiny side effect and I are going to bed now.
Yeah yeah I know its 8:30pm
I will blame it on the weather change.

Two nights ago the dreaming put me in a horror film where this creepy woman bade me and my companions enter. We were in some sort of railway cart. As we went in the first woman was decapitated. [Yeah I know.... charming.] The creepy woman told us it was regrettable but necessary and after all it was not real. We were ushered to behind a door and another cart came in. I woke up rather than watch another decapitation. The gist of the dream was motion and calamity.

The next night I was in a train. Yeah yeah cliches are us.
The train went out of control of course and crashed.
I survived.

Last night it was a gondola. Another crash. More women screaming.

Sometimes I wish I could just dream about ones and zeros or prom night or the History of Modern buggery man or anything BUT vehicles out of control.
How come I am never an Egyptian Princess making love with my Nubian slave?
Why am I not at a banquet with olde friends?
No no it's always these dramatic crashes. BAH

At Least I survive.

For years I would dream about being in a car going on a highway to a familiar destination.
Inevitably the landscape would change and somehow I would be going entirely the wrong way and get stuck in those one horse town. Always the same type of town. Always I would go into a diner or the gas station and always I would have no gas to leave or have missed the bus/train/plane/.

I guess this is progress but how weird is this?
DO other people dream the same dreams all the time?

I knew when I saw the film "Gladiator" that the scene where an emerging gladiator has his head removed by a spiked flail would come back to haunt me. bah

I used to talk in my sleep in rhyme and my roommates would write it down.
Little couplets of doggeral. God knows what I thought I was doing.
*note to self: remove all spiked flails from home before retiring*

---KIDDING---

The realm of sleep is a queer one.
If more people remembered their dreams, not alot would get done in life.
Bellybuttons would be pondered endlessly.
--