21.8.05

Back in the Hotel

The Hotel is not in the Crystal city but it is in one of those towns I dream about all the time.
Sometimes when I am there, I don't have a reservation.
Sometimes, I don't have money to pay for my room.
Sometimes I get on the wrong elevator and go places that I would rather not be.

Last night to my shock, I realised I was staying in the same room as a gentleman friend of mine.
Then I realised we were lovers.
Then I realised that he was my friend of long ago who died of HIV/AIDS.

Then I woke up wondering what on earth would bring THAT on.
----------

I am driving a Van. It is full of people and we are on our way to a huge International Kite Festival.
I am driving because everyone else is drunk or stoned. We get to the Border and the Van gets searched.
Nothing in our Van!

We get to the Festival and one of the guys scurries over to the big Kahunas Van.
He takes out a stack of kites and brings them over.
The spars he loosens and out pop joints everywhere.
"How could you do that?" I said indignantly.
"AH they would never search his Van."
"Does he know you used him to smuggle drugs?"
"Oh brother, you are so damned dramatic."

This actually did happen.
And I dream about sometimes but in my dream we dont make it across the border.
bah
I am so dramatic.
-------