13.8.05

Bless the techs everywhere (and a POX on XP hackers)

Ah my # came up.
My IP # that is.

Somehow... as I was installing my critical updates to WinXP, a malicious trojan came aboard.
After reboot, as required by the updates, I had totally lost explorer.exe
TOTALLY

No taskbar no rightclick no nadda
I had to use ye olde CONT>ALT>DEL to get task manager open to IM a tech friend.

It was ugly.
Even using remote access he was unable to clean it. Not that he didnt try til 3am last nite and the better part of today. It were ugly, ma.

now its installed over (twice)
and restored and buggery everything else you can think of
and that trojan and a worm still come on my good ship.

so tomorrow its ANOTHER SP2 install offline and some hardware firewall and bugger everything else.

I hate spyware worms and trojans.
So much negative energy.