15.8.05

oh golly...

Oh my golly oh my golly!!

Nah, that is not another Pixies quote, (altho it could be) it is me at the end of my shift on a very warm day wondering if I can make it home without fainting.

I have a wonderful male client who is very tall and weighs 210 pds of mostly muscle.
He is a fine gentleman, and I am happy to have met him.
But: he is too tall and at risk for me to safely transfer even a belt.
Of course he does not tell his case manager that he falls, and of course when asked, everything is fine so fine. But he is too tall and too at risk for me to safely assist.

I wondered why I was so tired. Then I remembered the sauna of his bathroom and the difficulty of assisting him in and out. I am not young enough for that.
Send a man. We have them.

------

It is official.
The fast computer with XP on it is out of service. The data is all there and I am sure a brighter mind than mine can figure out a way to get it to behave but I give up.
Three re-installs plus service pack 2 and I still cant get it to run AV of any sort.
It has explorer.exe now but oh my golly another big fat headieache.

I just remembered I am supposed to be doing stuff for the Dance Association of the financial kind and as I am Treasurer I best get to it.

*wave*

------------------