24.12.05

Snickerdoodles


What a day I had in the Holiday Carelane!

First off, I ABSCONDED with someone's keys yesterday.
Someone with the initial *N*.
I finished my Christmas snacking at my parents home around the dinner hour.
The family all celebrated their big meal at a resort destination restaurant while I was working. I had put together some snackies for them in the afternoon and snack they did. My brother in law brought home baking. It was delicious. I had no idea he could even cook but then those Navy boys can do anything. The Navy Baker and his wife left, my somblulescent brother left and then I too decided to depart. Putting my hand in my jacket pocket, I chanced upon a keychain with an animal on it-- not even remotely alike my utilitarian own. Quelle Bizarre.

It was a strange thing inded to see on my list not one not two but four people with N as either their first or last initial. A crapshoot. Luckily I found the person first try today. Even more luckily they asked me before I had to ask them. It was suitably mortifying. (egad egad)

I seem to get more eccentric every year.
Truthfully though, when I smoked I tended to collect lighters in my purse bottom, and now that I require much filling out of forms, pens appear as if by magic, and disappear in the same manner.
Keys are a new twist.
All I can surmise is that I had a moment of distractability. (egad egad)

My eleven o'clock client decided that I would be late and did her own adls and just wanted to have tea and cookies. The cookies were a gift from her son. She called them "Snackadoodles" and said they were among the first thing kids used to learn how to bake in cooking class. They were pretty darned good. So here is the recipe.

oops they are called Snickerdoodles. (See what I mean? Just slightly off today)

1 cup margarine
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
mix together then add:
2 3/4 cups flour
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsb baking soda

once blended roll dough into walnut sized balls. Dip balls into a mix of 2 tsp sugar mixed with 2 tspns cinammon. Bake on an ungreased sheet at 400 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes.

Enjoy and thank dear Alice.


---------------,------"--{@