30.12.05

PROG THIS: Back to what I know---palliative

Having completely humbled myself with that earlier sparkle post which I shall leave up as I believe in the Band and admire the Mael's and it makes me laugh to see myself try so hard on something and quite admirably fail miserably.
woot!

---BACK TO THE PALLIATIVE NEWS---

What is it with humanity that we can be around the same orb so very many generations and learn little to nothing about avoiding skin cancers.
It's not like the Sun is some new-fangled invention.

I lost a dear client this month far before his true expiry date.
Skin cancer.
He was a cyclist and golfer and loved the outdoors.
He wore sunscreen but not enough.
He was a man in his 40s.
"I never had a clue" he said. He was spared a long horrid demise.
He only found out his condition a few months ago. 2.

I have a client in his 90s.
Skin cancer.
He was a hard-worker, logger and maintenance-type stuff.
He never wore sunscreen and rarely wore a hat.
"I never knew nothing about it," he said.
He has had multiple carcinomas removed. About 23.

My time is coming.
Yours too.
We slathered ourselves in oil and lay by the pool.
When I was told I had fair skin I took it as a challenge and tried harder.
Sun stroked out a few times.
At least I stopped around 27 years old.
New trick on this olde doggie.

Research is showing that we here in my area are popping off from cancer most of all diseases. Lung Cancer is still the big one, but skin cancer is beginning to up it's numbers. Do not tan. Do not believe the stupid hype that says you are in need of drastic modification. Spray yourself brown if you must but stay out of the sun. Protect yourself.

-------