25.12.05

Christmastime is here!!


Charlie Brown sure knew his stuff. The whole Peanuts gang sang that little ditty almost 30 years ago for the first time. (hmm 2005 minus 30 = 1975...perhaps MORE than 30 years ago)

Last night I fell asleep after opening my stocking. It was stuffed full of excellent chocolate and vanilla candles. Oh it were loverly. I woke up about 5 times in the night and ate some little bit of Almond Bark White Chocolate each time.

As I was winding down, prior to the Stocking mischief, "A Child's Christmas in Wales" as read by Dylan Thomas came through the ether to settle on my happy ears. What a lovely story indeed.

Tonight it is all Carols on my God-bless-the-CBC. It isn't annoying me the way it usually does, no doubt due to avoiding malls and other tinned music sites. I drove around my route today listening to Joy Division to balance out. Every time the CD starts I can hear my sister, the one who does not think beyond the mirror, in her 80's self glaring at my 80's self before she broke my very first Joy Division tape by snapping the case in half saying: "This is music to commit suicide by."
--yup Sometimes it is good to be embraced by terrible beauty. It keeps things in perspective. I like Art of Noise but nothing will ever match Joy Division.

Last night on satellite or HDTV or whatever it is Dad has that brings in all those US channels, we watched the only non-catholic service we could find on the tube.
(The tube-less tube) It was out of Atlanta I believe, and was from an Episcopalian church.
What an uplifting message. If not for my Dad's constant "THAT MAN IS A DEMOCRAT" blurts, we would have amen'ed ourselves to the end. It was a great thing that church did. They had 100 families they donated $500 to making a merrier Christmas.
These 100 families were all survivors of the Hurricanes that have ravaged the US this year. The Bishops message was excellent.

God is still God. God can use ANYTHING and ANYONE in ANY CIRCUMSTANCE to do good.
Well done, Christians!!

It was a GREAT message, in a time when alot of people are struggling with their beliefs. Struggling with their non-beliefs. Struggling.

I bow to you. The inclusion of dance, and choral was impressive, especially seeing young men and women proudly sending that positive message out. Well done indeed!!


and AMEN BROTHER!

-----

If you are 50 or older, chances are you have adopted more than a few of the beliefs of the Religion of Chronological Age. You’ve never heard of this religion? Believe me, it exists. Without clergy, hierarchy, buildings or budget, it insidiously controls the thinking and behavior of countless older people who are totally unaware they are believers and practitioners.
Barbara Morris, R.Ph.


----