21.12.05

Middle English just got alot easier


How I enjoy archaic words. Using them correctly is something else again, but you know, who is going to disbute you when you throw a "yvele apayd" or a " auctoritee"into your speech?
Okay, possibly my sister CL but she can't be everywhere, can she?

http://www.librarius.com/cantales.htm
I found this most excellent link while *helping* one of my gamer friends do his essay on Chaucer. The next hour was spent joyously reading the side by side Tales.
This is *my* heritage.
-egad-

and now: for my desport:

So tomorrow, eft soone, I AM apayed to be back to work, back to the things I do impeccably, my dressings and abluciouns. Back to my elvysshe times of happiness and joy.
Forsaking my enditynges and getting my coin from travaillynge..
Perhaps it is avauntyng to say so, but say so I do.
I love my job. I do it well. There is no room for accidie.

I wish everyone has a job, a day, a life like mine. Unless there is entremetteth, it will be good.
Be not adrad. I affiance and, oooo I know that something good is going to happen.
I biheeste.
Alderbest, this is MY life. How deyntevous .

Amor vincit omnia