19.12.05

God Squad: Agent Double-oh ME!

"Oh I am so glad to see you!"
I feel so welcome when I enter this home.
It is not hard to feel happy there, as the water laps right outside the front windows.
The ocean and I have a stange affinity. It knows me, and welcomes me too.
I can stand in the entry hall and watch the tides winking at me. I love it.

There are many homes on my call-list with magnificent views: after all we live in a resort town; an extremely desirable retirement destination. This home is different.
It is the home of a 90 year old character actress. Life is her stage.

"I had thought they took you away from me. Every day I keep hoping it's you and it never is."
It is, once a week, but last week I was switched around from her.

"People come in here and they don't see anything but the water. You are a kindred spirit. You see me."
How could you not see her? She is a highlight not a lowlight.
Today we discuessed John Saul Rolston. Another brilliant mind.

"You are my gift from God. That's what I tell him."
"Tell who?"
"Oh come on. God of course! You don't have to wait until it's time to come here you know. You can pop over any time at all."

--if only life were so simple.
----
I was working in a pair with a much younger person today who is so by the book she almost breathes regulations. I keep checking her lips to see if a font or two slip out. The amusing thing for me is that I am sure she views me as slightly deranged and more than a little confused. Alas she also attributes low common sense and intellect to me. Somewhat endearing, actually. I get a little lift in spirit from all her *reminders* and *advice*. She is not a bad person nor a bad worker but she has not yet discovered the possibility that she may not know everything. It is touching to see such confidence in the face of utter blindness.

-----
Today I saw my old neighbour for the last time before Christmas.
She is such a "swell." (As in "Thou Swell".)
Her clothes are mostly all hand tailored and today she was sorting gloves. I dressed up than is usual for work today, as I was so comfortable in this gorgeous outfit yesterday. It seemed reasonable to wear it to work. Purple velvet pants and a lovely deep muted purple top and matching long sleeved vest. So very beautiful this is. I managed to do the impossible: Impress Wyndolin.
"You look very good today." I stand a little taller with that one. (Five eight maybe)

-===-

The grande Miss of the half-moon is not doing very well today.
She informed me she had slept at her hairdressers.
I worked with her "hairdresser" today so I know that she was confused in the morning too. I think she had a UTI happening. Lord I hope so. Why is it so hard to get higher level administration to see problems as solvable with a little input from the front line. This little lady has medication problems. She is overmedicated, inappropriatly medicated and NOONE seems to think it can be modulated in the Home environment, but still the adjustments are done, the drugs started and stopped, and her confusion rages.

Why do they not consider putting her in facility for a RESPITE visit to get her pain under control? Why do they not see that only under a carefully monitored 24/7 environment the whole picture will emerge? Then, and only then, should she be returned to her home. Think home, stay home. Isn't that the new motto?
She is thinking home.
I don't think that's what anyone else but me is thinking.

It is very frustrating. And now you know why I have a pressing need to blog.
Things I cannot change. What WILL wind up happening, and you can bet the farm on this one, is that she will be declared incompetant and she will end up living in a lousy facility. THEN she will get the pain managed. THEN she will be competant. THEN she will be stuck. Her beautiful home will be sold, (for the big huge bux) or passed on and she will either live on in subdued horror, or she will die from humiliation.

This is just the reality of the situation.
I can only report. I cannot change it.
I am the hands. The brain doesn't listen to the hands.
More's the pity.
----===----