25.12.05

Bearing gifts, we traverse afar

There is an interesting word: traverse. (Middle English traversen, from Old French traverser, from Vulgar Latin *trversre, from Late Latin trnsversre, from Latin trnsversus, transverse. )
In this case used as a Verb:
1. To travel or pass across, over, or through.
2. To move to and fro over; cross and recross.
3. To go up, down, or across (a slope) diagonally, as in skiing.
4. To cause to move laterally on a pivot; swivel: traverse an artillery piece.
5. To extend across; cross: a bridge that traverses a river.
6. To look over carefully; examine.
7. To go counter to; thwart.
Law.
a) To deny formally (an allegation of fact by the opposing party) in a suit. See Synonyms at deny.
b) To join issue upon (an indictment).
c) To survey by traverse.
Nautical. To brace (a yard) fore and aft.

hmm hmm
I will take meaning 1 thank you.
My Christmas gift was that I worked today.
They, the notorious they, tell me that *everyone* wants to work on Christmas Day as you get paid time and a half or double time or whatever...
So where IS everyone? They all seem to have gone away.

I got a few giftees myself. Wine and cookies and toffees.
Bless my lovely clients.
-=---

One little client did not even know it was Christmas.
I am guessing she will be in an extended care bed this time next month as she meets every criteria for placement.
Another client has the caregiver burnout thing happening, oh wait make that two clients. They also will both be placed very soon.
The lovely lady I have been missing these last weeks is failing as well.
One leg can no longer weight-bear. She told me today her great fear is that her pacemaker will stop her from dying when her time comes. She is ready to go now.
It is not a sad thing, as she has lived a good life on her own terms.

-=---