20.7.05

Talking in my Sleep

After a most unfortunate dental appointment, it seemed Advil and rest were the best ideas.
A quiet night and an early one.

It was a long fall into a deep sleep. I was out in the place, way way out, where I no longer know my own name. It has faded from memory now, an act of will. I was startled awake.

"You will wake up the whole neighbourhood if you don't be quiet."

I couldn't think what on earth someone was doing in my bedroom... who am I? where am I?

I was shouting in my sleep. (again)

I wish I knew what I was dreaming about. I do remember thinking to myself it was probably better to forget it. And what was I shouting loudly enough at 3am to wake the neighbours?

"HELP HELP! Help me MOMMY Help!"

My mother died in 1997.
And I am long ago an adult.

Just goes to show you no matter how old you are, you always need your mom.

--------------

Oh Mother, Mine

Oh Mother, mine,

Beside your grave
I reminisce and pine
For happy days that I once knew
Until the day you passed away.

Full of patience and so good,
You were the example of motherhood;
Endowed with God's gift of love,
You imparted it to all of us.
Also the sweetest, dearest Mother
To my sisters and my brother,
You brought laughter to our hearts
And sunshine into our home.

Oh Mother, mine,
Upon my knees
I join my hands and pray
That you may rest in peace.

Irene Therese Xavier