21.7.05

New appliances

A new appliance!! How exciting!!

This one is made of wire and various plastics and was custom made to fit on my lower teeth.
Apparantly, it will stop me from clenching in my sleep, thereby (theraretically) reducing the likelihood of bad dreams caused by jaw pain.

I don't know... my mouth is the most expensive part of me and it still hurts.
It is difficult to go to sleep with something in your mouth.
bleh
I am blessed with a very strong sense of smell and taste.
Not real handy at times like this.
-----------

I am going to work more hours in the coming months.
I do not want to, but being Lady Bountiful has reduced my circumstances.
The price of gas has rained on my parade too. In a perfect world, I could work 4 ten hour days.
from 6am til 4 OH YEAH
Even imperfectly it could be 7 til 3, 4 days a week and suit me fine.
There are renovations needing to be done in my little home, and a few outstanding necessities like LCD wall mounted monitors. 42 inches I am thinking....

I probably should have just followed my mother's advice and saved 10% of every cheque.
Of course that would have made sense.
-----------

Tomorrow I am playing role reversal for my parent for the first of 5 terrifying appointments.
When I was a young woman, I had cervical cancer which was treated by a cone biopsy. A piece of my cervix was chopped off. I was so scared I was shaking. Even knowing it would not be THAT big a deal, I went as if to the gallows.

When I came out, there sitting in the waiting room was my Mother.
She and I butted heads alot, but she always could be counted on in a crisis.
Now, it's my turn. I get to play parent. To her husband.

Life is strange.
-------