12.7.05

A going concern

He is looking good. He is freshly showered and his hair is combed neatly into place; almost painstakingly so. His clothes, chosen with care, are colour co-ordinated, right down to the hand-made knit socks and cardigan; a pale blue today.

"Where have you been all morning?"

"Hey you, don't get saucey now, it's only 8a.m."

"The Office is looking for you."

By golly, so they were. But they were looking at the wrong address. Communication, in this Age of Technology and Global Media is still state of the Art 1988 at my Worksite.

We sorted it out and settled in for a long yap, since yet again, a cool damp summer day made a walk out of the question. I did try to vaccuum but he grabbed it out of my hands and gave me a lecture on what exactly he was paying for.

"I took a chance and showered on my own I KNOW I KNOW STOP LOOKING AT ME LIKE THAT, and I had me a 1/2 grapefruit and three pieces of toast with marmalade. Now it is all done so just sit there and talk to me."

"You are quite the going concern now Sir aren't you??"

"More concern than going," he said wryly.

He is such a pleasure to be around. I would pay him.
------