4.7.05

Sorry bout that!!

Two useless words: "I'm sorry."
Sorry is too late.
At least that is what my old kite-flying friend Ray Bethel used to say to me when I messed up in stunt ballet. I wonder if he even remembers me. I was part of his past; part of before he became a legend in kite International Circles. Part of the olde guard. Rob Riley, Cal Yuen, Ray Bethel... these were the big guns. Two of them still are!

And me? Me and my olde smoking barrel have hung up our lines now. I don't like trick flying or slack flying. I like stunt ballet. Flik-flaks and waterfalls are technically impossible on older kites and really, not beautiful to watch at all. This olde dog chose not to learn the new tricks.

Not that Steve didn't try to teach me. Sorry Steve.
Steve is from the jurassic period of stunt kites too! He even remembers being in awe of me. Me as a pioneer woman in a male dominated sport that was not considered a sport.
HAH!
You are a great teacher but I am just not made for this new-fangled stuffs.
Steve, if by some miracle you ever find my blog and read this.
You are a world-class flier even if you do live on the Island but still--- slack flying is ugly.
I kinda miss you Steve. And I am truly madly deeply sorry.
Even if it is too late.

More miscommunication. Boy I am good at that.

Same topic:

Hey Steve: I googled you + kites + 2005 and returned 99 links.
I see on some webpics site you and Dan Whitney and The Brits at a party.
Does this mean you got your kite finally?

(wink)

Best flier on the Island. Best kite-maker too. And best kite ambassedor by far, and by near.
Yes Steve, I am sorry, and sorry is too late.
-------
www.kitelife.com
By kitefliers, for kitefliers, ..... etc.