20.7.05

"How would you like it?"

A change.
That is what we politely term it.
A change.

Sadly, this change is in safety risks and assessments.
When a person is a risk to themselves or others, it can impact their living arrangements dramatically.

"Are the others up?" (3 weeks ago)

"I am just going off to see the girls." (2 weeks ago)

"I know this sounds strange, but I cant seem to find the stairs." (1 week ago)

"I had no choice in coming here. I want to go back home." (this week)

There are no others. The girls are long gone. There are no stairs. And she is home.

"Do you know how it feels? To wake up in this strange place? Sure you have brought my own familiar things here and that is very nice, but I want to go home."

Her family was trying in vain to convince her that there is no other home.

"Oh drop it." She said before they left.

Before I left I asked one more time.
"So tell me again about this home?"

"Well.." she began, "How would YOU like it? It is very confusing all these things. I don't know what end is up. First they take me here, I had no say in it at all. And everyone trying to pretend it is all right. IT IS NOT ALL RIGHT."

All I could manage to say was: "It must be very distressing."

I pray that tonight she does not do what she did last night.
Called a cab. We only know because she could not remember the address of *home* .
There are ethical people in every profession, every trade. Thank God.

A change.
It's a change all right.

------