2.10.05

Mr. Fluffy Pajamas is a baaaad boy!

After a weekend of sitting in one place on the couch for hours without any movement, skulking around the house when forced to, having to be lifted outside for bathroom breaks and other odd behaviours including throwing up twice on dear dear company, my beloved little man, the doggie of the house made a full and instant recovery. What did it take? The company getting out of the car. What a brat my dog is!

On Friday night I believe he was overwhelmed by 4 new people staying overnite. He handled himself well but was uncharacteristically quiet. Saturday morning he was sulking. Saturday afternoon he was left alone for 3 hours as we went gallavanting on foot. Saturday evening he had his little emesis attack... (*scream*) and had to have a bath. He refused to even shake himself dry after his bath and stayed stock still on the couch until bedtime. Wrapped in a towel.

This morning everyone was concerned that he should see the Vet. Being the jaundiced eye in the group I decided he was _most likely_ fine. After all he seemed to have wolfed his food down whole in order to ensure the company did not steal it. I believe he ate everything in sight. And of course we saw it again, on D's pant legs. She said: "I am doubly blessed." Always the gracious one.

Those two sisters who visited me C & D were my absolute favourite kids in the world. They now have their own absolute favourites---7 between them! Can this be possible? Where did the time go? And they still look like teenagers. Little and gorgeous and so wonderful.

I had a few shiny things I had been shepherding for a decade. (or more!)
These were shiny things that they remembered well and meant something in their childhoods as associated to me. I wanted to return them last year or so but I knew that unless they could see my home and how many other shiny things are around me they would consider it robbery. Even so, seeing the mere externals of my little magpie nest, they were uncomfortable with going home with *things* even know both of them know that stuff is meaningles and neither is a hoarder nor a coveter. No, they are both exceptional in that regard. Hospitable and selfless to others just the way their mother was and remains to this day. A wonderful bunch of folk.
I was so lucky to be part of that gang for a time.

So with some bings and some bongs and even some bling home again home again go the girls.
Boy, I miss them already.

Did you hear that Cori & Deli?
I miss you already.
And I love you completely and dearly. Thank you for a wonderful weekend.
(smooch)

---------