24.10.05

That Meyers-Briggs thang

OH the joys and sorrows of being a self-righteous prat.
One of the joys is the fascination I have for those who try to categorize and generalise personalities into *types*. One of the sorrows is seeing my *type* describe me and my various delightful (and most UN) foibles.

Which brings us to the Meyers-Briggs Personality Sorter Tests. I had this done as part of a core program in College; it was not elective. Much moaning and groaning and gnashing of teeth accomplished nothing but dental appointments. We got sorted. Then we were instructed on how to analyse our responses, and retested. I remember my shock at disocvering that I am an Introvert. Years of training myself to act in an extroverted manner did not change the fact that I am, at heart very shy. We had alot of fun with it, mostly involving much mockery of yours truly, but in the end we did learn valuable things to take forward.

iNFj-(read about it if you dare)
Take the test yourself http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

It is sobering that a tool like this could be so accurate in my case.
But then I am the consummate stereotype.
Or is that archetype.

ya ya...