30.10.05

Byproduct of a Geriatric, Transient Population


Did I say "transient"? Paging Dr. Freud once more.
*wink*

transient
adj 1: of a mental act; causing effects outside the mind [syn: transeunt] [ant: immanent] 2: enduring a very short time; "the ephemeral joys of childhood"; "a passing fancy"; "youth's transient beauty"; "love is transitory but at is eternal"; "fugacious blossoms" [syn: ephemeral, passing, short-lived, transitory, fugacious] n 1: one who stays for only a short time; "transient laborers.

Of all words to use!
Are we not all "transient laborers"?

A metaphor for life indeed.
Now I am off on one of my tangents; non-clear obscurities.

So many people come here to retire and then downsize or die and their great collections end up at the Thrift alongside every other bodies funque junque.
The art of it is to be able to tell the difference quickly as there are thousands of pickers out there. And not just pickers: Bookstore owners and antiqueries--- flea marketers and talented amateurs. They all come to our Thrift. I am quicker than most. One day I suppose I should revive the business. Not yet though.

Another interesting thing about our Thrift is that the book section has more spiritual topics than any Kitsalino antiquarian. Aging wealthy scholars seem to favour strangely titled leather bound books. I got another this weekend. "The Soul's Code" by James Hillman.

Not bad at all.

My primitive art collection is growing too.
I have 3 more Inuit carvings. Very crude. Lovely.
50 cents and one dollar. I guess the pricer missed them on eBay.
I get a kick out of the new pricer there. She looks up things on eBay and prices accordingly.
Now if it was prices realised I might applaud that.
But honey, Noone and Nobody III are going to pay $330 for an enamelled crown and if Mrs. Nobody buys that Sherman brooch at $250.... well: HIGHLY UNLIKELY!

As Jerry Jerry ( okay so it is not the most current review but it catches him perfectly) says:
' "You must be mistaken" (or maybe I'm wrong) '