6.10.05

Cleaning the Fridge

The old widower still had a ton of food in his freezer(s) and nothing in his fridge. The dates on the food in the freezer were almost 2 years and older. Food safe it was not.

"Sir, can we clean your freezer and fridge today?"

"Oh no not today. No no. Leave it for now."

---------- six months later ---------------------

"Sir, we really should clean that freezer. You have not used any of it in six months and I believe we should throw it out now. Some of that stuff is almost 4 years old. Most of it is over 2. "

"NO! Just leave it!!"

--------------- six months later again:

"You know, when you stand there cooking it reminds me of my wife."

"Thats a good memory Sir. Was she a good cook?"

"Heaven's no, but bless her heart she tried. You know she would never talk about her illness to me, nor what was coming for me but she had it all planned out."

"Oh? How do you mean, Sir?"

"She stood at that stove stirring pots and making things for one full week just in the month before she was bedridden. Can you imagine that? She was so worried I wouldn't eat. I tell you, she was quite a woman!"

All that stuff in his freezer he had no intention of ever eating. It was just a memory. And he wanted to keep it intact.

Amazing love.

----