12.8.06

The Guest

Language barrier?
Bad manners?
Patience at an end?

I have no idea why but my guest acted very badly on her last morning here.
Making it clear that we had to leave the house by 06:30 to get her to her bus by 06:45 seemed easy until 06:30 when her door was still tightly shut and every question was answered by "Yes?"

--arg---
at 06:40 everything of hers was put in the car (against her will) and we drove down the highway at speeds best left undiscussed. I had shuffled my clientelle so that I was able to drop her off. This, like the rest of the morning seemingly meant nothing to her. Suddenly, from the back seat I hear a little scream.
"Back! Back! My uniform! Back!"

Seems she left her blouse to her school uniform on a hanger on the back of the room door. When she realised I was not going to turn the car around she began to have a little fit.
"MY TEACHER TOLD ME 07:30! I NEED UNIFORM"

Pulled into the school where her bus waited. The rest of her group were tearing up and hugging their hostfamilies. She refused to look at me.
I told her English liason teacher the problem and underlined the fact that I __could not__ get home for the uniform and her to the bus and get to work.

They sent a cab to my house to pick it up and take it to the ferry.
She got on bus sulkily and steadfastly refused to look out the window.

I dont know....
It kinda killed the goodwill.