15.8.06

Deva Vu -- Voodo

I look at the name and address of the client of where I am going and it seems familiar although I am positive I do not know the name.
I am notoriously poor at names and, on balance, am equally notorious and great at numbers, so I have long ago given up on apologising. Harmony, you know.

I pull up to the home and experience profound deja-vu.
Going in, it is slightly out of sync, as if it is a memory of a half-forgotten dream. My client, is a woman needing assistance because of weakness.
She is not very elderly, but she is extremely frail.
She has had a recent mastectomy.

--- and now I remember ----

I was in this house 2 years ago.
My client at the time was dying of complications from breast cancer.
oh dear.
I recall feeling that the situation was very creepy because when I first began my rotations in this area one of my very first clients lived in this very house. A woman. A one-breasted woman dying of cancer.

So this is #3 home-owner in 5 years at the same address.
A perfectly ordinary home in a respectable area with other similar homes that I do not go to. This everyday house has had 3 owners that I knew intimately.
Three out of 3 with breast cancer final stages.

When that home comes on the market, I aint buying it.


---------


Coincidence is the word we use when we can't see the levers and pulleys.
Emma Bull