21.8.06

Basic Misunderstandings

Alas for humanity, the basic misunderstanding seems to be a core value.

If you were told someone were allergic to shellfish would you puree shrimp and slip it into their stew? Sometimes I feel as if my employer takes delight in continuing to force basic misunderstandings.

I am profoundly asthmatic thanks to some exposure to toxins in my lifetime.
I am triggered by pet dander and cigarette smoke as well as some household cleaners.


At considerable expense to myself, I have removed all carpet from my home and put in hardwood flooring. My beloved dog had to be given to the ex as my little place has no room that could be exclusively hers and no back yard. My little man with me now is a poodle-cross for that reason but I will never stop mourning the loss of my beautiful smart girl.

Working in a home environment, the best I can hope for is no pets no smoking.
The no smoking is an absolute on the worksite but being that we are going into homes, sometimes the client has smoked up a storm before we get there.
Most of the time, the schedulers are well aware of who smokes and who does not.

I was sent to a home yesterday that I got sick after.
24 hours later I am still sick. Once triggered, it isn't so easy to arrest attacks.
Medications keep me stable but vunerable.
And my employer, the people who really should know better, continue to basically misunderstand how such things happen.

wellness my ass.