21.9.05

not the best of days

I was delighted to find my morning client up and dressed looking so well.
She ate almost as hearty a berakfast as I had and was bright and well-oriented with no talk of going home or wondering where the *girls* are. Even the dog co-operated.
My second client was a little stiff and sore but that is usual for him. He was in a better mood than most days and did assist with good graces.

Client number 3 is going to eventually get a little old as she talks and talks and talks some more. The stories are verbatim to last weeks. She is just really bored I think, really really bored. And angry. I listen. I hear her. Life stinks at the moment for her. She is a good kind soul who has a body that is giving out. Her heart is in the right place and it is just fine.

After that I get my two ladies. A delight. I was looking in Lady #2's fridge and saw some pureed tomatoe dated 1988. YIKES. From the freezer but still!!! She is prone to stomach distress. Perhaps this is one of the reasons why. I cleaned her fridge completely out and tossed anything suspicious. Again. Looks like I may need to do this every 2 weeks or so.

I finished my shift and got in my car and realised I did not have enough energy for the drive home. I had to sit at the beach and recharge for awhile. Came home and ate a substantial meal but my energies are nil. I want to be asleep. Alas I had a meeting for the fundraiser and went, even contributing some reasonably good ideas.

Luckily we verified that the fundraiser is SATURDAY and not Friday.
I get dates mixed up. ;)

last night I was abed by 8:30 and asleep mere seconds after laying down. I slept until 6 which is late for me. I feel like I need another 14 hours. Can't seem to get my deep sleeps in.

I had a bizarre dream.
I was attending to a late stages Palliative Client. He was on a bed low to the floor and had to be moved. I moved him and then looking over his bosy realised I had closed the bed on top of him. I opened the bed up and got him settled only to realise I had pulled out his catheter AND pick line. Trying to figure out how I could be so stupid as to not realise he was in a collapseable bed, and how I could be so careless as to remove his appliances....
Then I had a thought: "This is a dream. I am not careless. I do safe practise."
And of course up I woke.

It was the fallout from the very unsatisfying sight of that healthcare worker doing a shit job the other day. Luckily the gentleman died later that day so he did not have to endure anymore of that.... whatever it is she thinks she does. ugh

Last night I dreamed of Mom. We were talking about what is happeneing with dad and she was asking me to take care of him. She told me he always was a horses' ass but he is OUR horses' ass and to please make sure he is all right. She always did ask me to do things she knew were difficult.

--sigh

Now its puffer and meds time. And then I shall collapse into my bed,
and dreamlessly consider the night and all her denizens. I want to be alone tonight.
No visitations please.

--