19.9.05

Much-o better

This post should be titled "Much-o fuller."

My dear brother cooked up a storm today for brunch, and no perfumes were used in the preparation. He made mashed potatoes with a mushroom gravy, beef and horseradish rolls, a butter lettuce sided with shrimp and lemon cooked asparagus, fresh vine tomatoes, cold chicken slices, croissant, three exotic cheeses I cannot remember the names of, starfruit, yellow kiwi, pomegranite, grapes, lemon pound cake, vanilla slices, and a fruit flan.
Hardly any trouble at all.

I ate and ate and ate some more.
My stomach has not had this much food in it since Christmas.
It was wonderful.



I love family occasion food.
La la love.
That is all I did today. Eat, eat more, and help with the dishes.
Dad's place looks fabulous.
Actually I did do something else: I got Dad to get house insurance.
I also had him call the lawyer to clarify the chain of events leading up to his buy-out on his place. He could not remember. Dad is happy. He sure looked content today with 3 out of 4 of his children relaxing in his home. Just like the olde days.

Tomorrow it will be 8 years since Mom died.
Our other sister is putting (yet another) memorial in the newspaper.
I had to spend considerable time talking her out of the sidebar comment she wanted to insert below about a certain woman not really being part of our family nor reflecting our values.
I told her it would be disrespectful to Mom's memory and would detract from the memorial.

I am almost afraid to check tomorrow's paper.
Honouring mom in my heart is more important to me than reading or seeing newsprint but we all grieve in different ways.

----------------