16.9.05

Joy joy joy

It was a beautiful West Coast day. I walked the sands on the public beach across the Bay and back again. Herons were sitting out in the low tide. Little brown ducks were scrambling along the tide pools getting breakfast. There was a very strong smell of some sea-thing; not kelp, not seaweed but very aromatic. I could hear the eagles before I saw them, they were so high, circling and watching. This was the farthest I had seen the tide out on this Bay.

Purple starfish were curled up in the sand, trying to burrow in to escape the notice of those birds. Starfish can contort into the most amazing shapes.

I will have to take that walk more often. Generally at the times I get my breaks, I cannot walk that beach only the boardwalk stroll along the breakwater. The sea air invigorated me and I was in a great mood for the entire day even though I am still a tad wheezy.

The Great Saline Mother loves me.
-----