18.9.05

Death by Perfumery

Last year. I wrote a Murder Mystery for our Church's Mission team to perform as a fundraiser.
It was hugely successful and tons of fun and the whodunnit part was guessable if an audience member was very trying.

The victim was slain by an allergy to some ingredient in perfume. One spray to her eyes and she was felled instantly. Now the irony.

Tonight I came close to a similar end.
Of all things, a family member came from afar to visit and walked parcel laden from the Bus Depot. Feeling a little conscious of being warm and possibly smelly, he whipped out some deodarant and applied it. I laughed and told him it wasn't THAT bad and while I was still talking he took out some spray cologne and sprayed himself all over. I could actually feel my lungs contracting.

Into the washroom for cold water to the face and the fan on. I coughed so hard I soiled myself. (again) Even with my puffer times 3 it took almost an hour before my breath came regularly.
I just lay still trying to slow my heart rate down and stay conscious.

I am such a lucky person. I always have been.
But luck comes good and bad and I have enjoyed so very much good luck.
I picture a giant hand holding a set of dice rolling over my head.

It was lucky 7 today.
I don't know anymore... two days in a row with attacks that were debilitating.
Yesterday it was an antique shoppe. One minute Jay and I were looking at a cupboard all refurbished and the next I was bent over trying to breathe. I slipped outside and just coughed for a good 15 minutes. If I could have lain down I would have.

Today when I got off work, I had to nap for 3 hours.
Hopefully, tonights' sleep will blow off any residual wheezers.

What a stupid way to die that would be.
-------------

Of all things to be a prophetess over, death by perfumery is my least desired.

I do not know why I feel compelled to blog this crap: fear I suppose.
I always knew I would die younger than most. I was told in my teens my lungs were scarred, told in my 20s my brain was scrambled and neck damaged....
but not now please God. It is too soon.


I suppose it always is.
-------------------