22.9.05

No insight wins

Just a little time ago I was contacted by a Supervisor over my concerns regarding my elderly client whose daily service was cut down to twice a week for showers. When he was informed of the cut he told me : "It's about time I checked out of here anyway."
He gave me the biggest hug when I left that day and I had a very bad feeling about things.
I reported my concerns and was told what I was articulating were things best met by other community organizations. Another staff member had told this same supervisor this gentleman of 94 was doing everything himself and did not need us.

"He tells me the gent cuts his grass now."
"He has a one acre lot. Does he tell you what kind of shape this man is in the day AFTER he cuts his grass?"
"He tells me he does his own showers."
"Did he tell you he falls in the shower? And has fallen several times doing his own showers?"

No they did not hear me.
I lost this one.

The champion cribbage master died on September 10th. 8 days after his service was cut.
I work for those ruled by the Government nickle and rewarded for using scissors, with no insight nor compassion.
(grrr)