16.4.08

Completely Unrelated -

Every day at the beach I see a few familiar faces. One of my favourites is a woman who whirls down the hill in her wheelchair to do the 1/2 mile seawalk and then home again. She is attracted to my dog as she had to give her own up. She wears velcro slippers of an unfortunate fabric and a very thermal coat. Today I asked her about the slippers.

"Oh dear, they make me wear them where I live. My shoes don't quite fit these days."
Turns out she lives in one of the extended care facilities in our area. I think it is wonderful that she out and about and LIVING in the community.

--------- *

"When the Greeks said, "Whom the gods love die young," they probably
meant, as Lord Sankey suggested, that those favored by the gods stay
young till the day they die; young and playful
."
-Eric Hoffer