24.2.06

*-=- Sanctuary -=-*

Check out that URL here (in case you don't see the link above)

What an interesting article.
What an unusual society. Great name tho.

I have sanctuary in my home.
I have an altar and many reverential objects which I imagine can be construed as idoltrous by Right-Wing Christians who worship money and television but are threatened by reverence to sacredness.

Interestingly, Theosophists believe in similar Doctrines I embrace with a glaring exception.
Can you spot it?

* reincarnation,
* karma (or moral justice),
* the existence of worlds of experience beyond the physical,
* the presence of life and consciousness in all matter,
* the evolution of spirit and intelligence as well as of physical matter,
* the possibility of our conscious participation in evolution,
* the power of thought to affect one's self and surroundings,
* the reality of free will and self-responsibility,
* the duty of altruism, a concern for the welfare of others, and
* the ultimate perfection of human nature, society, and life.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I do not believe in the ultimate perfection of human nature, etc.
I do believe that by virtue of our existance in this realm, temporal beings possessed by the eternal, we are imperfect by nature.

Otherwise: These people are quirky-cool.