7.2.06

Deliverance

Give me deliverance.

"Let me sleep awhile and dream of Avalon and the Beltane fires
And a silent kiss steals away into the mist and out to the lake
Where the sword will rise again from the water into the
Hands of the chosen one the righteous one
Forever and again "

Oh yeah I was a Goth long before they called it Goth.
My sister used to say "youre in your room reading your death poetry and wearing black" but it really meant Goth. I loved the Mission.
Yes yes I know I am turning my blog into a long love letter to bands from the 80s but yeah... it was good. It was so good.

I like those deep voiced vocalists.
I like those D & D type references. Avalon. All that stuff.
It's genetically coded.

Glam rock goth rock punk rock... I cycled through the phases rapidly.
New age new wave been there done that got the pictures.

Deliverance.
I found it long ago.
But today it found me!

I was re-routed yet again.

I was out in the nether reaches of our area. waaaaaay out to the farthest client we service. Just a coincidence but,.... yeah. It was my turn. After I finished my little task I decided to drive down the road to the end to see the Lake. It says there is a Lake on the sign and I have never been to this particular Lake. The road abruptly ended and there was a large pond on my left. On my right there were 4 guys in gumboots and ballcaps waving at me. I was wearing pink today very femme.

I waved back and all I could think of was "deliverance" ala Burt Reynolds et all.
Egad... turned around and left slowly and carefully.

Note to self...
Keep Avalon in my mind.
No more little excursions to deliverance.


Beautiful but remote.
(!!)

---------------- *