12.2.06

Cancellation

Those who never leap out in faith, never soar the skies like eagles.

Ok.
They never crash and burn either.

So, having leapt out in faith and belief, now I am stuck tangled in branches.
Alot of plans to cancel.
Alot of needless days taken in vacation time that cannot be changed.
More than a few family members coming from afar to see what the big deal is.
And one special family member who is completely dashed on the rocks.

I don't know.
Perhaps I am just jinxed.

*-=-=* I will now tell you a great truth.-=-=-*
(cue music)

When you step out from lofty heights, falling and flying are indistinguishable from one another.

** ---------- **

Saw old feisty today again as I was visiting in Facility.
I heard her before I saw her.
There was a minor commotion in the hall outside the room where I was.
Alot of colourful language and truly amazing usages of blue words.
I went out into the hall and there she was in her 93 yr old-ness cornering another woman of similar age. They were both in wheelchairs along this 5 foot wide hall and naturally old feisty had the other woman pinned to the wall.

I laughed and wheeled her out of harm's way to a long spew of interesting words.
I gave her a hug and told her to leave the poor older ladies alone.
"Ladies? You mean that &%$@$#!!! witch?"

I said a cheery goodbye and as always she gave me a wonderful smile and say her farewell.

Frontal lobe damage I am sure. She means well. She just.... can't be civil.
hee hee
I know it's not funny really. But she does make me laugh.
I am so very glad she is in facility and not in community where she terrorised us!

Even playing field now.

* --------