22.3.06

You can't please everyone

Recently I ended my involvement with an online game which has more or less been a huge hobby/otherworldly existence for many many years. I still would like to be there however my rl obligations and the emotions which stem from that prohibit me from tainting my character and it no longer is the relase it once was.

In typical all or nothing style I got pissed off and *left*.
I am considerably older than many of my co-gamers. Many but not all.
Rudeness has always bothered me in all worlds.
I despise voyeurism and logging and all that goes with that peeking in on other people and judging them. In a digital world that is a given. People mind everyone elses business with gusto. Years and years ago I stopped having anything to do with people who are interested in developing their avatars into assholes. Roleplay is no excuse to be a ratass jerk.

Someone managed to annoy me just exactly that way on a day I was no disposed to overlooking and I reevaluated my *hobby* as a childish pursuit. Cold-turkey after 11 years. *ouch*

Can't leave without ruffling feathers.
Got a reminder of that today.

It made me a little sad.

:(



------------------- *