7.3.06

Payback and Karma

After a very unusual failure which culminated in wire off, I went to the twin city for 2 clients I did not know at all. Typically, my shift does not include this area unless client hours are high and worker availability low.

A very nice gentleman, frail and thin with a severe case of the shakes.
Parkinson's and a new person: not sure which would set him off more than the other.
A simple task: washed, dressed and groomed.
A anally retentive assistant (me) who washes and grooms each person in the way I would my own child. I would not want my child going out into the world dirty or half-washed. If people can choose and have the judgement to do so, they can do whatever they like. If they are relying on me to help them on their way, then they are going to be clean and lovely.

As I left the home, the gentlemans said to his wife (so I could hear):
"She's one of the creme de la creme m'dear. I enjoyed that, believe it or not!"
She turned to me and said:
"You can come back ANYTIME! For a cuppa tea even luv."

I love my job.

Warm fuzzy wuzzies.

-----

Next client also total stranger--- finished tasks and:

"Boy I sure got lucky today! Can you come back tomorrow?"

Perhaps I smelled right.
Of course Mrs. Boppedy boo-boo didnt think so but you can't please everyone and with dementias, nothing can be assumed.

Wish someone had told me she was demented. I found out the --oh--so--very--hard way.

Ah well.
Karma took care of me.
I had a wonderful day.

:)