28.3.06

The T-Bone Stake

Another day in Paradise

The ocean is turquoise and grey today. Further out to sea whitecaps ride the waves as the wind whips them along. I see the gulls hiding here and there, and even the eagles are not visible. Later I spot a pair in one of the trees along the waterside, evident by the top branches being pecked clean of anything but the raw branches.

It is decidedly cooler today. The promised rain of yesterday comes and goes in little showers. People are snoozly today; I am snoozly today but at least I do not walk into anything. Yesterday I walked up the ramp to my very regular client's home and hit my head on a hummingbird feeder that was not there the day before. I did not even see it. Annoying, but not as annoying as hitting my head on it on the way out. Again.

I have alot of driving to do today. Almost 110 kilometers by the time I get back home. At the last intersection I wait for no apparant reason when the light turns green for me and moments later a minivan coming down the main road runs the light at 60 kph.
Once again my guardian angels silent whispers have saved me.
I would have been t-boned on the driver's side.
---- THAT would have been me but on the driver's side!
Thank you God.