13.3.06

Strange Dreams Indeed!

Nighttime dreaming is always eventful for me. Lately I have had some doozies.
I have yet to look these up in my dream books but I will share them.

The night before last, I had a very vivid dream in which a pair of lions were prowling around and in my house. Naturally it was not my current home but a rural location where there was a sizable yard. I saw a male lion, mane resplendant and was more or less dumbstruck. Everyone else was acting as if this was a relatively minor inconvenience.

"Go on Kaeb back into the house, the lion is gone."

I absolutely refused and stood my ground watching from behind a tree.
Moments later a black small animal darted by and out of nowhere a female lion pounced and dragged it away, struggling. The male followed.

I was trying to imagine what would have happened should I have gone into my house.
It was so gruesome I woke up.

I am not sure I ever dreamed about lions before.
Something new at last.

-----

Then there was last night.
Today my eldest sibling is going to visit my parent's GP to try to get some essential paperwork filled out so that he can claim a tax credit to which he is entitled. In my dream the visit was unsuccessful and we were discussing how things could have gone better. I volunteered to go speak with the Doctor. Very reasonably.

It did not go well.
The Doctor refused to fill the form in regardless of his agreement that our parent is very different than he was not long ago. Next thing you know I was yelling and shouting and trying to get the last word in.

I remember telling my sister how satisfied I was at finally telling that stupid Doctor what I really thought of him and his fatalistic methodical pedantic approach to geriatric medicine.

She agreed and then told me solemnly that my cheap remark to the uninvolved bystander was uncalled for though.

haha. Humbled by a dream arguement.
I can only hope that I awakened at 3:30 am becaust the doggie needed to go out and NOT because I was shouting again.

---------------------------- *