29.3.06

Sadie's Secret to a Healthy Happy Marriage

They are waiting for me as I arrive.
He to leave and get some time on his own, she to have some quality time with me.

She is very lovely and quite a bit younger seeming than her actual years.
She has recovered very nicely from a few strokes and although she has mobility issues, she does very well. I see her taking a few risks as she transfers from walking to sitting and from standing to stepping but overall she does well.
Names are a problem and events have slipped away but she has retained the serene knowledge that her husband loves her. She can't remember if she is 68 and has been married 90 years or if she is 20 and married 40 years.

Naturally I understand this perfectly.
She was BORN in 1920. She was married in 1940. She has been married 68 years and her golden wedding anniversary celebration was in 1990.

I ask her what the secret to a long happy marriage is.
She looks me square in the eye:
"Lots of sex of course. We always had alot of very good sex."

Right on.
You go sexy Sadie!

---------------------------------- (*