7.3.06

A cancer of the ....

Ah mental health.
I had a dentist years ago who told me that good dental health promoted good mental health. It is as good an adage as any and as accurate too.

Alot of mental health work has been offloaded to the appropriate ministry.
(read cancelled)
Very little mental health work comes my way these days and I am soon to lose my last few mental health clients. These are people who are in need. People who need a steady hand beside them to hold onto the rudder as they encounter storms.

As I sat at the beach watching gulls feeding and waves dancing, I heard a voice on the radio say:
"Loneliness is a cancer of the Soul."

Aptly this was a mental health client speaking.
There are better treatments for cancer than to nuke the hell out of it.
Radiation tends to kill everything.

Pay attention Ministry.