10.3.06

Marley-man is dead :(

For a few years now I have had on my mind whatever became of one of my favourite people from the long ago. He was just a little guy when I knew him but he endeared himself to me forever by his reluctance to let me go. He held my leg and sobbed.
"Noooo, noooo, I don't want you to be gone."
His father had no such trouble.

If there is a chink in my thick thick armour, it would be ---that--- family.
Not Marleyman tho, never him. Even at his tender age he was wonderful.
He inherited his mother's gift for images.
Even now, I cannot speak about __them__.
Noone has ever managed to get that close to me ever again.
And noone ever will.
God, I was a sucker.

I had a moment earlier this evening, when something someone said reminded me of that place, that time, and the sole thing I miss: Marley.

Well he is gone now.
Too soon too soon.
I know the lad I knew grew to fulfill his early promise I saw so clearly.
Follow that URL above and you will see it also.
He looks like Doug. But thin like her.

I cannot mourn for him. I did that years ago.
But I am sorry for his wife and family who will ever miss him.

You know; even now--- this hurts.

Farewell tender spirit.
Farewell once more.

------------------------ X