18.3.06

Life and Dreams in a Bruce Cockburn Song


--- oh yes, again with the Lion dreams.

Awakening this time, I was deeply fearful and only just remembered to remember it was a dream about lions that I was trying to forget. (!!!)

This now is the 3rd occasion I have recalled vividly dreaming of lions. Naturally I believe, as did Edgar Cayce, or whatever entity it was he channelled, that only I can know the meanings of my own dreams. Be that as it may, I took my search online and found this at http://www.experiencefestival.com/meaning_of_dreams_about_lion

Lion

To dream of a lion, signifies that a great force is driving you.

If you subdue the lion, you will be victorious in any engagement.

If it overpowers you, then you will be open to the successful attacks of enemies.

To see caged lions, denotes that your success depends upon your ability to cope with opposition.

To see a man controlling a lion in its cage, or out denotes success in business and great mental power. You will be favorably regarded by women.

To see young lions, denotes new enterprises, which will bring success if properly attended.

For a young woman to dream of young lions, denotes new and fascinating lovers.

For a woman to dream that she sees Daniel in the lions' den, signifies that by her intellectual qualifications and personal magnetism she will win fortune and lovers to her highest desire.

To hear the roar of a lion, signifies unexpected advancement and preferment with women.

To see a lion's head over you, showing his teeth by snarls, you are threatened with defeat in your upward rise to power.

To see a lion's skin, denotes a rise to fortune and happiness.

To ride one, denotes courage and persistency in surmounting difficulties.

To dream you are defending your children from a lion with a pen-knife, foretells enemies will threaten to overpower you, and will well nigh succeed if you allow any artfulness to persuade you for a moment from duty and business obligations.


Source: 10 000 Dream Interpretations, by Gustavus Hindman Miller

----

Fascinating stuff, except only the opening statement can be applied to me.
I am my own great force and of course I am in the driver's seat.

I continue my search....

Carl Jung was of the mind that Lions being ferocious, and to be dreaming of lions could indicate that you are harboring anger. The animal and the trait that comes to mind to you about the animal are the keys to
deciphering this symbol.

hmm hmm what do lions mean to me?

One of my siblings is a Leo and is soon to reside in the vicinity for 4 weeks.
I am not pleased about that event but I doubt my subconscious would bother connecting all those dots....

I continue looking..... dreaming of lions....
dream-land info dream dictionary....
yes! This one is FAR more suitable...

In the positive sense, a lion represents dignity, intensity and valiant energy. If you dream of a lion in a positive light, it means that you need to call on courage within yourself. If you are being attacked by a lion, be careful, you might be in danger. Seeing a lion: your friend sometimes looks dangerous. If you defeat a lion in the dream, you will eliminate your enemy. Seeing a lion in the cage: your enemy has no way to attack you now.
---

But in the end it is Edgar Cayce who had it closest.
Only I can know.... and I have no clue.

------------------------- *

"I had another dream about lions at the door
they weren't half as frightening as they were before
but i'm thinking about eternity
some kind of ecstasy got a hold on me ..... "

(Bruce Cockburn)