23.3.06

Ever it was thus...

Am I getting older in my ways or is my attention just on the temporary due to the nature of my employment? Whatever the reason it does seem that this last year has held an unaccountably high number of deaths for friends and acquaintences.
Today I see an obituary for a wonderful woman who was friend, neighbour, co-worker and think how brief a time ago it was we were laughing beside a field of poppies and daisies.

A few weeks back someone mentioned to me that Campbell River has a disporportionatly large rate of cancers. The person who said it had transferred to that locale and within 8 months became convinced carcinogens made the air heavy with risk.
This person is otherwise very staid of opinion. It took much convincing before I actually listened without undue leeriness. Now my dear wonderful friend:
If ever there was a being emcompassing nuture it was her.
She had a glorious mane of golden hair tweaked with silver. She had a husband who adored her and was adored by her. She had daughters and family.
She emanated peace and joy.

And she too is gone.
Another hole in the fabric of my life.


I will always remember you Joy when I see wildflowers.
Joy truly sings on in all weathers.
--------------------------- x