3.4.05

That I might not cause pain!

I had referred to Jabez a few days back and his prayer recorded in Chronicles.

When the Jabez bandwagon rolled on into town, I was somewhat aghast as the prosperity gospel has never appealed to me nor seemed particularly Christlike.
Praying for more more MORE seems like a prayer to the wrong deity.

I do not believe Christ came to instruct us to live more conspicuously and with greater oppulence. That is Hollywood and the Media's job.
I believe Christ came to tell us to share what we have been blessed with, and remember those who have not been as fortunate as we have. Remembering them with more than braincells.

I do like the part in the Jabez prayer where *I* have inferred it to mean a request to God for helping living in a manner that does not cause others pain.

Read this:
http://www.lostjabez.com/jabez/fromjabez.htm

Kinda makes you wonder, does it not?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

"What is truth? Is mine the same as yours?"
Pontius Pilate to Jesus
(Jesus Christ, Superstar)