4.4.05

Broom to the left of me; Broom to the right of me!

Like purple loosestrife and cane toads, once upon a time there was no broom native to this Island. Some well-meaning soul, thinking of home, imported it to beautiful their personal garden. Now, we all "enjoy" it as it lines the highways, ditches and formerly available to local flora, earthen recepticles.

Nothing eats it, no birds pluck it for their young, and it is dominating the plantscape here. Perhaps it even has displaced the loosestrife.
I always know when the Broom is in bloom.
It is the day I awaken with ten sneezes and go through tissue boxes like herskey's kisses.

I was encouraged by some research being conducted in the UK for allergy and asthma suffers. I would even volunteer to test out this new protein when it is synthesized into some oral or transdermal drug. Just please gardeners, stop with the foreign varieties already!

Claritin doesn't work for me. Even my stalward Flovent isn't working this year and frankly, I resemble Niagra Falls more by the hour.
God bless the Broom. In Scotland.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

btw: these yellow double-underlined links have NOTHING to do with me. I cannot really complain as blogspace is currently free.
I was comtemplating doing pod-casts but imagine the mayhem.....