12.4.05

Studying Science from above

When a client goes into hospital, if it is just a temporary stay, they show up on the schedule as time reserved. I will get sent other places but that time is held for them until they come out again. I had my Mondays and Thursdays held for the very nice gentleman who had a minor stroke.
Today's paper contained his obituary. I was a little surprised as this man is only 66 which is young by our standards. Most of my clientelle is over 80 with a fair sprinkling of 90 yr olds and one or two in their hundreds. Still he is gone. Only 66.
The botany lessons in the forest trails are over; now he is learning from the Master.
Damn I wish someone would tell me these things before I read them in the paper. That is two people this week that I had no expectation of their imminent demise, imminently demising.
I wish I had something profound to say to express this loss.
The fact is, I am just very surprised. And sad.
---------------


Deception about our feelings will result in bondage. Truth, however, can free us.
--------
Creator,
God,
You gave us a wonderful gift when you gave us the capacity to feel.
You gave us the ability to laugh, to celebrate and to love.
You also gave us the ability to be angry at injustice, to fear danger and to grieve over our losses.
Give us wisdom to respect our feelings as they come and go.

Give us honesty to live with our feelings and to talk to you and others about them.
Give us compassion to care for each other when feelings are intense.
We ask this in the name of Jesus who wept when it was time for weeping. Amen