2.4.05

Daylight Savings

The clock was set forward an hour last night before bed.
Typically my awakening time is 5am. Somehow even with daylight savings I managed this.
Cobwebs still dangling in my noodled bits, the first moments of today were spent wondering how on earth I could forget the words to "Tommy, the Rock Opera" in front of so many people. It was all the more mortifying when it was me who did the casting.
I cast myself in the role of the Acid Queen. I was kissing one of the boys in the chorus when I realised I was supposed to be on stage.

Faking it doesn't come easily to me. Not in front of thousands of people at least.
I hummed and gesticulated and hoofed it but the words would not come.
Damn!

I was brushing my teeth, still boggling over how stupid I was to forget not only my entrance, but my words too. brush brush brush!
Think think think!
Brush brush brush!

Wait a minute.
Damn it Jim, I am a Nurse not a rockstar!

Hang on! daylight savings is tomorrow!
ouch!

---0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0---

"gather your wits and hold on fast,
your mind must learn to roam,
Just as the gypsy queen must do
You're gonna hit the road.

"My work is done, now look at him!
He's never been more alive.
His head it shakes, his fingers clutch,
watch his body writhe!


"I'm the gypsy, the acid queen
Pay before we start.
I'm the gypsy. I'm guaranteed
to break your little heart!"

---the Who "tommy"