14.4.05

Its tiring....

I came home yesterday from a particularly trying week.
It is not physically trying. It is mentally gruelling.

Of my own clientelle there were 4 deaths in the last 2 weeks.
Only one of those deaths was expected.
I read the 5th death in the paper. Noone called to tell me. Who am I after all? Just the person who filled in the hours a couple of days a week. The person who heard all the cherished dreams that never were, the person who listened to the hopes that were never to be fulfilled.
The person who leaves to go home and never again is thought of by the family in their catastrophic loss.

I wish SOMEONE would tell me these things before I read them in the press.
It kind of hurts.

I put the newspaper down and lay on the couch. I slept for 3.5 hours and then got up and went to bed to sleep another 9 hours. It was like falling down a very deep well.

--------------------