Going out to my car, which is parked in front of my home on a level spot, I stepped into a 4 inch puddle. On a flat surface. --meh--
and it went downhill from there.
The winds and the rain were hurricane force at times and roads were closed, wires were down, trees littering the highways and NO-ONE but NO-ONE out unless they had to be.
I had to be.
One of my visits was to a nice condominium complex right near the downtown of the little Village.
The power went out five minutes into my visit. Then an eerie silence.
We looked out the back window to the cute little patio garden snug and protected from the wind by the other, higher buildings and landscaping. and *snap* just like that! out of nowhere a freak wind came from the southeast and blew the fence over. And the huge rhododendron aside it. And several planters.
The whole work day was like that! Power on. Power off. flicker flicker bang.
I am hugely happy to be home.
This is what the weather network has to say about British Columbia today!
- Rainfall warning for Central Coast-Coastal
- Snowfall warning for Central Coast-Inland
- Wind warning for East Vancouver Island
- Rainfall warning for East Vancouver Island
- Wind warning for Fraser Canyon
- Rainfall warning for Fraser Canyon
- Wind warning for Greater Vancouver
- Rainfall warning for Greater Vancouver
- Wind warning for Greater Victoria
- Wind warning for Fraser Valley
- Rainfall warning for Fraser Valley
- Snowfall warning for McGregor
- Rainfall warning for North Vancouver Island
- Wind warning for Okanagan
- Wind warning for South Thompson
- Wind warning for Howe Sound
- Rainfall warning for Howe Sound
- Wind warning for Sunshine Coast
- Rainfall warning for Sunshine Coast
- Rainfall warning for West Kootenay
- Wind warning for West Vancouver Island
- Rainfall warning for West Vancouver Island
- Wind warning for Inland Vancouver Island
- Rainfall warning for Inland Vancouver Island
- Snowfall warning for Williston
- Snowfall warning for Yellowhead
- Wind warning for Southern Gulf Islands
“Prayers go up and blessings come down”