19.5.06

Should've seen it coming....

For someone so schooled in the language of the dying I can be rather obtuse.

Three visits in a row my elderly client was fussing about her clothes.
"I have to get Sage to take me shopping. I need some new clothes."

Her clothes were beautiful and plentiful.
The closet was stuffed with them.

Next time she said:
"I need new clothes."

"What for?" I asked.

"For, you know.... I need some new things for where I am going."

"Where are you going?"

"Well... I, you know... the next place."

She was wait-listed for a new facility so I assumed she meant it as her new address.

The last visit she was fussing again about the clothes.
When I left I said cheerily:
"See you next week."
"Maybe," she answered.

Died peacefully in her living room a few days later.
I hope those heavenly clothes meet her needs.

----------------- !