15.5.06

Dreaming

Today catching myself wondering if other caregivers have epic fantasies and dreams,
they would admit it if they did? Likely not.

Last night I opened my eyes in the bed and saw this baby laying beside me.
The child was about 2 months old at most. I was shocked that I could have gone to sleep with the baby beside me at the edge of the bed. Horrified that I could forget such a thing, I checked the little child's condition and realised with a shock that I had to feed and clothe him/her.

Rather than waking up which is the normal when something really bizarre happens in my dreams, I went about changing this baby and then trying to nurse it.
Unbelievable!

The scene changed to someone telling me a social worker was coming to find out why I carried the child so inelegantly not supporting the head correctly. (I kid you not)
Naturally the dream me tore off a strip of the person saying: "HOW DARE they judge me! How dare they make assumptions about my parenting skills just because some nosey parker shoots off their stupid mouth."

yes yes, sleep talking and ranting awakened me.
But interestingly I woke up saying:
"Oh thank GOD it's not my baby after all!"

--------------